Search results

1. Big Mountain

Kokopeli Trail - October 18-21

I could probably make this happen on the tail end of a trip I'd like to do to the Swell a few days prior to these dates.
  2. Big Mountain

Utah Trip this weekend

never happened. spent the week getting packed up and ready to go and that fake punt of a snow storm convinced us to abort at the final hour. Planning again for sometime in March.
  3. Big Mountain

Utah Trip this weekend

So here's my once a year post. Hope everyone is great. There are 2 of us heading out to Green River UT on Friday Nov 17th and heading to Goblin Valley for a night. From there south to Poison Canyon Road and camping near the Doll House most likely. Day 3 would be to head south to Snow Flats...
  4. Big Mountain

Eclipse Viewing Jackson, WY Aug 21, 2017

So as usual, I'm checking on this site way late. My plans are set in stone just yet, but I live in Granby off 125 & hopefully have a less used back way to & from Wyoming. My plan is to head up either with our popup camper & family to the Medicine Bow just north of Laramie to an established...
  5. Big Mountain

Northern Colorado/Wyoming Trip

So now there are 7 fires up north and even though it's mostly open, I figure it's best to keep clear of the smoke/haze etc so I'm heading south Friday am to meet some folks in Lake City and tour the alpine loop and then some. From there I'll head up north to the flat tops for a day before...
  6. Big Mountain

Thanks for the input. I've always wanted to turn off onto the trail, but my wife looks at me and says no everytime. Potentially I'll find dirt track from Southwestern Wyoming back towards Steamboat on the return trip if I end up south, I'll document all tracks and pass them along when I'm...
  7. Big Mountain

That fire has been in my sights for weeks. I live in Granby and on certain days the valley is hazy, but I drove thru Walden a few days ago when I left the state for Iowa and I couldn't even see the smoke but on the radar its growing for sure. The wind will really gauge where I'll stay the 1st...
  8. Big Mountain

Putting this out there in case anyone is interested. July 28th late afternoon - August 2nd or 3rd, I'm heading out of Grand County and heading to Wyoming via Walden /Laramie with a final destination area in the Wind River Range. The trails haven't been picked yet, but I'm combing thru the...
  9. Big Mountain

Family Camping Suggestions (Colorado)

Thank you for the info. We ended up just going down the street to Rollins Pass West and secured the best spot on the trail. Next weekend we are heading south and might go to Wheeler.
  10. Big Mountain

Family Camping Suggestions (Colorado)

Hey all, this is normally not a question I would ask as camping, backcountry and fee related are normally easy to find. However I have some entertaining to do this coming week, my boss and his family are driving out from Memphis and want a Colorado camping experience. They are in a stock F-150...
  11. Big Mountain

New Tent

So what's your thought on the RV-5 with 2 adults, 2 kids and a large dog? I've been looking at these more with Summer around the next 4 snow storms. I sold my Turbo Tent because it was getting tight inside and my RTT is getting too small for us.
  12. Big Mountain

Snow Peak, Pelican, Yeti stuff for sale

I just posted all of this on EXPO if anyone here is interested. http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/149030-End-of-Summer-Garage-Sale-Snow-Peak-Yeti-Baja-Rack-Colorado?p=1938799#post1938799
  13. Big Mountain

My old cvt hard shell tent for sale

Sorry Boss, it sold in 30 minutes back on Sept 18. Sorry for the delay in reply
  14. Big Mountain

CVT Black Butte Tent

Skip I'll buy this from you. My RTT sold tomorrow so I'm good. Problem is where I live and my next time to the Front Range? Can I pay you with Pay Pal and then arrange a pickup point in the near future? Are you still doing Ouray in a couple of weeks?
  15. Big Mountain

My old cvt hard shell tent for sale

I'm reselling this tent before I even slept in it if you're interested? I'm up in Winter Park area. The tent was exactly as described however I finally got around to installing it on my roof and it takes up 100% of my rack and will not sit right with my awning. I enjoy the roof space and...
  16. Big Mountain

CVT Black Butte Tent

Skip did you sell it? I may be interested as soon as I sell the CVT St Helens I bought thru this forum earlier this summer. 2nd try was not the charm w/ the RTT for my family and roof rack. If i can sell it soon and you still have yours, let's chat.
  17. Big Mountain

Rocky Mountain Overland - Families and Kids Question

We may be up for that. We come back from Florida on the 23rd after a week, so much depends on the wife. I'll keep this one in mind.
  18. Big Mountain

This is last minute, but the family & I are heading out to Turquoise lake today around 3-4, if our search for a camp site turns up empty, then we'll head off towards Ivanhoe Lake and play around near Hagerman Pass. I've yet to explore that area but it looks like an easy weekend. If anyone is...
  19. Big Mountain

Hey Lee We have a 2 year old boy as well and he's already done the Kokopelli, Alpine Loop, every back road in Grand County and we just drove to NC & back over a 4 week period. That being said we'll go anywhere that doesn't require Rock Crawling. Heading out to Turquoise Lake tomorrow and...
  20. Big Mountain

Medano Pass - June 26-28th

We'll be at Pinion Flatts by 6ish and if we can't find a spot for Friday we'll camp on BLM land south of the campground and attempt the trail Saturday early am. I'll make sure to take some pictures and post a report afterwards. Cheers.