What's new

Anyone have a lead on a small trailer?

Brandon

Tossing around the idea of dragging around a small trailer on my coming journey. It would make it a bit easier for sleeping (RTT on the trailer), vs an inside bed platform by removing the front passenger and rear seats. Most camping will be hammock or tent, but for rainy/grizzly areas, I'd like something a bit safer and easy. I found a few on Craigslist, a nice Ruger with rtt was listed for $5k, and its sold already.

I dont want an RTT on top of the truck due to losing storage up there and the gas mileage hit I'll take. Other perks of a trailer would be the truck will be less packed and easy to find stuff. Not looking for anything new $$$$.

I may just end up putting a platform inside the truck since I am running out of time, but the trailer idea was sounding appealing. And all those Expo points!!! The journey is set to officially begin in late June, so time is really running out! If anyone is looking for tools/household stuff, let me know, I have a huge thread on TW with everything I am selling.

And the journey... its one of those sell everything and go camp things. No end date in sight. Tetons, Yellowstone, Glacier, Banff, Pacific NW, possibly Alaska then the SW...

Brandon

Well after thinking about it more... I think an aluminum tray/canopy setup will be a better investment.

It might have to wait until I'm on the road, but come august, the truck may change quite a bit.