What's new

Backcountry Comms Class 2016

Overland1

Administrator
Staff member
Last year's class was a great success and we are doing it again this year. Come learn about communications in the backcountry when cell phones no longer work. The class is free for Rocky Mountain Overland members.

Learn more and RSVP at www.backcountrycomms.com

Overland1

Administrator
Staff member
Feel free to post the website with any other groups or forums you are part of. Let's spread the word and help out the off-road community.

This seems like a great idea, and I would love to participate, but I've got a conflicting event. Maybe my event can provide some APRS activity for viewing. Edge of Space Sciences will be launching 3 balloons that morning with six APRS beacons attached. Launches will occur from Eaton, Colorado between 0700 and 0730, and recovery operations will continue up to at least noon. All beacons and recovery team tracker will be visible on APRS.FI, but will be transmitting on 144.34 to differentiate from regular APRS ops. Tracker ops will use the RMRL repeater 449.450 MHz if you would like to monitor traffic. Further details on frequencies can be found on http://www.eoss.org/node/2043 .

I've cross-posted the link to your event on the EOSS facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Edge-of-Space-Sciences-162353343883044/
I hope you have good participation in your event, and good luck with encouraging more people to go out and get licensed as Hams!

Last edited:

ExplorerTom

I'm a Mega-maybe. Basically if the weather sucks and my daughter's soccer game is cancelled (I'm assistant coach) then I'll be there.

Ryanhockey21

Is this event a HAM class and then take the test? Or is it a class then you would have to take the test another day and a different location, thanks.

overlandjeep

Ryan it is a seminar where we will discuss capabilities not really a prep class per se

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jeff

This was mentioned at the rising sun monthly meeting last night and there was Def some interest. Look forward to meeting some new offroad friends. Till sat

Overland1

Administrator
Staff member
John has been working hard with Ham Radio Outlet to get some door prizes for the event. HRO has really stepped up to the plate and is donating 12 repeater books plus a

FT-270 handheld

and a IC-2300

Couldn't ask for anything more.

SAS

Great event! It was informative without "overload", and there were several vendors present, and lots of truck swag to view. Thanks to Ben and Shawn for orchestrating/producing this meeting!