What's new

Cap & Platform for Tacoma Double Cab

Murph

New to the group. Planning a trip to Alaska. Saw this tacoma in Boulder recently (pic attached). Exactly what I've been looking for for my double cab, short bed Tacoma (fold-out sleeping platform, locking cap, accessible propane, water, fuel, etc). It had a RM Overland decal on back, so maybe you know this person!?!. Wondering if it was built or if something like this is on the market for purchase near Boulder, CO. Also saw this other platform (pic below) that flips out off the back, instead of over the hood. That would be even better - opening up storage space over the cab. Do not need a platform as large as these. Just big enough for 2 person tent. Any ideas or suggestions appreciated! Thanks in advance!

tacomaOverlandCap.jpg
2018-04-05-12.55.09.jpg

overlandjeep

New to the group. Planning a trip to Alaska. Saw this tacoma in Boulder recently (pic attached). Exactly what I've been looking for for my double cab, short bed Tacoma (fold-out sleeping platform, locking cap, accessible propane, water, fuel, etc). It had a RM Overland decal on back, so maybe you know this person!?!. Wondering if it was built or if something like this is on the market for purchase near Boulder, CO. Also saw this other platform (pic below) that flips out off the back, instead of over the hood. That would be even better - opening up storage space over the cab. Do not need a platform as large as these. Just big enough for 2 person tent. Any ideas or suggestions appreciated! Thanks in advance!

View attachment 2022 View attachment 2023
First pic is Ross’s rig from this group second is the Adventure Trailers Tacoma habitat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Murph

First pic is Ross’s rig from this group second is the Adventure Trailers Tacoma habitat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hopefully he sees this and doesn't mind sharing what he's done and how. I'm new to this group. Is there any way I can find/contact Ross?

DaVikes

Hey Murph, I've decided to sell the camper. It pops up and can sleep four. Also, on the left side, it has storage for a stove , and a sink and water pump so you can have running water. I have more pictures, but it would be easier to text them. I send you a pm w my number.
Ross