What's new

How not to set up your rig

Brad

Administrator
Staff member
Came across this video, I strongly recommend avoiding setting up your rig like this guy. The electrical issues alone :eek:
Watch for yourself:

Morris Yarnell

The guy is a bleedin' genius. Thank the Lord for zip ties and velcro. I want the microwave. ROAD TRIP!!!!

Last edited:

REDONE

Oh man.:(
I'm glad he's proud of himself, but, just,...wow. He screw-clamped a lamp arm to the hinged lid of a rear cargo box, and that's the least ***** thing he did. I'm not using ***** in the place of a swear-word. I just don't know the word for what it is. It used to be "hack", like "that guys' not a mechanic, he's a hack", but that word has been appropriated at something positive so it doesn't work here. Thanks for sharing, and again, I'm glad he's proud of his, um, *****, but yeah, I hope he doesn't inspire anyone else to follow suit.

Brad

Administrator
Staff member
I can see how he built that before his Prius. I would like to buy that poor LR3 off him just to tear all that crap out.

Jim

O It used to be "hack", like "that guys' not a mechanic, he's a hack", but that word has been appropriated at something positive so it doesn't work here.
Before "hack" it was "jerry rigged" or shortened to "rigger".
I do carry a roll of rebar tie wire and 90 mile an hour tape for when stuff falls off. I do not use those thing for initial install.
I'm not quite as bad as Red Green.

Morris Yarnell

I have never considered 'Jerry Rigged' or 'Jury Rigged' a derogatory phrase.

"Jury rigging is the use of makeshift repairs or temporary contrivances, made with only the tools and materials that happen to be on hand, originally in a nautical context.

Now what that guy did to that LR was what I consider unconscionable and just wrong.