What's new

Mobile boosters

topgeek

Does anyone run a cell booster in their rig like the Wilson cell phone booster?

I'm curious about boosters in general...
As far as our cell phones are concerned, our cell service ends about 1/2 mile from my house and I'm wondering if something like one of these boosters would be able to see a faint signal and amplify it so that our cells would work without having to use the microcells we use now.

http://www.wilsonsignalbooster.com/wilson-460108-mobile-4g-signal-booster-kit-voice-3g-4g-lte-for-all-carriers.html

DaVikes

It might help at your house, if that's what you meant. I have a zBoost at work that amplifies only ATT 4g, as it is a few years old. But it works well. The antenna is outside on the roof, about 12-15ft higher than my phone indoors. The higher you can put the antenna, the better. I'm not sure how one of these works in a car.

egpowers

I have similar to Zboost in my house for Verizon, it connects to the internet and uses a small antenna to provide me with service, without it my phones jump between 1x and 3g, with it, I an extra symbol on my phone that pops up showing it's connected and I get great phone service.

nuclearlemon

Does anyone run a cell booster in their rig like the Wilson cell phone booster?

I'm curious about boosters in general...
As far as our cell phones are concerned, our cell service ends about 1/2 mile from my house and I'm wondering if something like one of these boosters would be able to see a faint signal and amplify it so that our cells would work without having to use the microcells we use now.

http://www.wilsonsignalbooster.com/wilson-460108-mobile-4g-signal-booster-kit-voice-3g-4g-lte-for-all-carriers.html
a friend has been running one in his cruiser for a few years with success

Clymber

If there are no cell sites near you no matter what sort of booster you ha ve it won't help you. Granted you can probably hook up so stupid tall antenna to the booster to try and get service but like I said if there are no sites then it's a waste of money